DetailsThe MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.4 15-Inch (Mid-2010) is powered by a 32 nm, dual-core 2.4 GHz Intel "Core i5" I5-520M (Arrandale) processor, with dedicated 256k level 2 cache for each core and an 3 MB shared level 3 cache. This system also supports "Turbo Boost" -- which "automatically boosts the processor speed based on workload" up to 2.93 GHz for this model -- and "Hyper Threading" -- which allows the system to recognize four "virtual cores" or "threads."
By default, it is configured with 4 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-8500) installed in pairs (two 2 GB modules), a 320 GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM) hard drive, an 8X DL "SuperDrive", and dual graphics processors -- a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M with 256 MB of dedicated GDDR3 memory and Intel HD Graphics with 256 MB of RAM shared with the system -- that Mac OS X automatically switches between for better graphics performance and better battery life, respectively, depending on application use.
Connectivity includes AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.1+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet, a Firewire "800" port, two USB 2.0 ports, optical digital/analog audio in/out, a "Mini DisplayPort" that supports an external display at 2560x1600 (it also passes an audio signal), and an SD card slot. It lacks an ExpressCard/34 slot.
This model uses a "Unibody" aluminum case design -- milled from a single piece of aluminum -- and has a backlit keyboard, a new "no button" glass "inertial" multi-touch trackpad, and a non-swappable battery design.
- Additional Information
- 15.4-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with edge-to-edge, uninterrupted glass (1440 x 900-pixel resolution).
- 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor (3 MB shared L3 cache).
- Dual graphics processors with automatic switching between NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M (with 256 MB of GDDR3 video memory) for demanding applications and integrated Intel HD Graphics (with 256 MB of DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory) for power savings.
- 320 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1066 MHz DDR3)
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Built-in iSight camera for video chatting
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000)
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones
- Two USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 800 port
- SD card slot
- Mini DisplayPort video output
- Multi-Touch trackpad for precise cursor control with support for inertial scrolling, pinch, rotate, swipe, three-finger swipe, four-finger swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities
- Full-size backlit keyboard
- Stereo speakers with subwoofers
- Dimensions: 14.35 x 9.82 x 0.95 inches (WxDxH)
- Weight: 5.6 pounds