DetailsThe MacBook Pro "Core i5" 2.5 13-Inch (Mid-2012/USB 3.0) features a 22 nm "Ivy Bridge" 2.5 GHz Intel "Core i5" processor (3210M), with two independent processor "cores" on a single silicon chip, a 3 MB shared level 3 cache, 4 GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (PC3-12800) installed in pairs (two 2 GB modules), a 500 GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM) hard drive, an 8X DL "SuperDrive", an "integrated" Intel HD Graphics 4000 graphics processor that shares system memory, an integrated 720p FaceTime HD webcam, and an LED-backlit 13.3" widescreen TFT active-matrix "glossy" display (1280x800 native resolution).
Connectivity includes AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0, Gigabit Ethernet, a Firewire "800" port, two USB 3.0 ports, a "Thunderbolt" port, audio in/out, and an SDXC card slot.
This model uses a "Unibody" aluminum case design -- milled from a single piece of aluminum -- and has a backlit keyboard, a "no button" glass "inertial" multi-touch trackpad, and a non-swappable battery design.
- Additional Information
- 13.3-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with edge-to-edge, uninterrupted glass (1280 x 800-pixel resolution)
- 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor (3.1 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology; 3 MB L3 cache)
- Intel HD Graphics 4000 integrated graphics processor
- 500 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
- 4 GB installed RAM (1600 MHz DDR3; supports up to 8 GB)
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive with double-layer DVD support (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Built-in HD 720p FaceTime HD camera for video chatting
- Wi-Fi wireless networking (based on 802.11n specification; 802.11a/b/g compatible)
- Gigabit Ethernet wired networking (10/100/1000)
- Bluetooth 4.0 for connecting with peripherals such as keyboards, mice and cell phones
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps) with native video output support for Mini DisplayPort plus DVI, VGA, dual-link DVI, and HDMI (requires adapters, sold separately)
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps; backwards compatibility with USB 2)
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- SDXC card slot (supports cards up to 64 GB in size)
- Stereo speakers with subwoofers
- Combined audio line in/out (digital/analog)