DetailsThe Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.1 13-Inch (White - Early 2008/Penryn) features a 45 nm "Penryn" 2.1 GHz Intel "Core 2 Duo" processor (T8100), with two independent processor "cores" on a single silicon chip, a 3 MB shared "on chip" level 2 cache, an 800 MHz frontside bus, 1 GB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300) installed in pairs (two 512 MB modules), a 120.0 GB Serial ATA (5400 RPM) hard drive with "Sudden Motion Sensor" technology, an 8X/24X DVD/CD-RW "Combo" drive, an Intel GMA X3100 integrated "graphics processor with 144 MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory", and a 13.3" widescreen TFT active-matrix "glossy" display (1280x800 native resolution).
The MacBook "Early 2008 Core 2 Duo/Penryn" series has an easy to upgrade case design, and connectivity includes AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, Gigabit Ethernet, a FireWire "400" port, two USB 2.0 ports, optical digital audio in/out, and video out capabilities (mini-DVI) that supports an external display.
The MacBook "Early 2008 Core 2 Duo/Penryn" model also includes the "scrolling Trackpad", built-in iSight video camera, "MagSafe" power connector, "flush against the bed" keyboard that does not touch the screen, and "no moving parts" magnetic latch that "catches without a catch".
- Additional Information
- 24x slot-loading DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive (writes 24x CD-R, 16x CD-RW; reads CDs at 24x and DVDs at 8x)
- Mini-DVI port for video output (VGA adapter and mini-DVI to DVI adapter sold separately)
- Built-in stereo speakers and omnidirectional microphone
- Combined optical digital audio input/audio line in
- Combined optical digital audio output/headphone out
- Two USB 2.0 ports, one FireWire 400 port
- Built-in full-size keyboard with 78 (U.S.) or 79 (ISO) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement), and embedded numeric keypad
- Solid-state scrolling trackpad for precise cursor control; supports two-finger scrolling, tap, double-tap, and drag capabilities